Reflections Arts Program
THE NATIONAL PTA REFLECTIONS PROGRAM is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program that encourages artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2019-2020 theme: LOOK WITHIN.
“What Is The Reflections Art Program?”
The National PTA Reflections Program is America’s oldest and largest arts education program of its kind. Reflections welcomes students of all grade levels and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Students are encouraged to reflect on the common theme and create original artistic works in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per student.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form.
- Remember to reflect the theme in the work!
- Guidelines and requirements must be met or your entry will not be judged
- Submit completed entries to your Grade Level Office labeled “Reflections.”
- Entry Deadline: November 11, 2019
- Please email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Submission Guidelines
All participants must follow the Reflections program rules provided and consider the following criteria:
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
In your ARTIST STATEMENT, tell us about your work and what it means to you:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
“Is this a contest?”
This is not technically a contest. It is truly a program created to give students a forum to explore the arts and expand their interests and talents.
Students are individually judged on their project and not judged against the other students. They are judged on:
- How well they explain how their art fits the theme
- The mastery of the medium used, and
- Their creativity
Submissions will be displayed at the school.
“What do we win?”
All entrants will be recognized at an Award Ceremony at the school! You will get to be part of the Reflections Party that will include tasty treats for all participants.
**Mystery prizes and Medallions are awarded for top entries!**
Ribbons will be awarded to all entrants, with recognition categories of:
- Award of Excellence (blue ribbon)
- Award of Merit (red ribbon)
- Honorable Mention (white ribbon)
Top entries will advance to Pinellas County Council of PTAs at the beginning of December for the next level judging with potential to advance to the Florida PTA and National PTA levels.